you know i'm a listmaker, so here's my list of things to do before the new baby arrives in january. we have approximately 16 weeks if she actually arrives on her due date. karsyn came two weeks early, so we're anxious to see when this one is born.
*get out newborn clothes, socks, bibs, burp cloths, and any other newborn gear
*order nursery bedding
*get dayna to decorate nursery too :)
*get play yard from mother in law
*buy swing and teach karsyn that it's not for her
*wash newborn clothes
*get infant carrier out of attic
*organize baby closet and dresser
*decide what bottles i will use this time. i dislike avent bottles. we used those with karsyn and they seem to leak. i have little patience for leaky bottles when you have a screaming, hungry baby.
*decide on a double stroller. is it necessary? do i want a double jogging stroller? will i use a jogging stroller enough for the price? what about a sit and stand stroller?
*plan and execute karsyn's 2nd birthday in december
*try NOT to grow as huge as a hippo in the next 16 weeks. i think i've gained 10 lbs so far. ugh. i feel as big as the side of a barn already.
My two cents...
ReplyDelete1) I hated the Avent bottles, too. Good old Gerber bottles worked like a dream. I always went back to those.
2) We had a double stroller and my girls weren't as close together as yours. We used it a bunch. Get one that is light. They seem to be heavy. I HATED the side by side ones. You can't go in any stores with those because they are just too wide, so I had a front and back one. My neighbor just bought a sit and stand and loves it.
avent leaked for us, too. Especially in the middle of the night- hated it!
ReplyDeleteLOVED my double stroller and also my double jogger. But both were hand me downs, didn't have to purchase......
You wont regret getting a double stroller! When Grayson was born (of course, I also had a 4 year old walking) I took that with me everywhere. It was my freedom to feel like I could leave the house without losing a kid :) If you can, get one that your infant seat can latch on to.
ReplyDeleteWe never had a double stroller -- they looked too heavy to me. But I always wished I had a sit and stand -- those looked great. Avent bottles leaked for us too. I didn't want to buy new ones though and then Gracie hated them. The only ones she would take were Dr. Brown's and that's what we still use with Will.
ReplyDelete