Thursday, December 18, 2008

[ 34 weeks? ]

see the little floating baby on the side again?  today it reads 34 weeks.  today my belly measured 37 weeks and the doctor uttered those sweet words.  "you will not make it to your due date!"


hallelujah!  praise the Lord!


he did say that she's a big baby and we're on close monitoring at this point.  my iron level was "borderline transfusion" low.  8.9 if that means anything to you.  so more "diet" talk was in store.  how much more can i "watch my diet" and how many more words can i put "quotations" around in this post?


anyways.  we're watching these small contractions i'm having and doing lots of resting.  good news is that i can travel for christmas.  off to san antonio we will go. 


i cannot count on one hand the number of women i saw today that just knew i was due any day.  you should see the shock on their faces when i tell them that i'm not actually due until january 29th.  oh the looks on their faces.  even the ones that just knew i'm having twins.  i don't think i'm THAT big, but i assure you i look that tired.  miserable is a better word for it i think.                 


so stay on your toes folks.  we could have a new year's baby, but i'm betting on the first week of january.  i'd be fine with tomorrow though.  my legs are shaved and my toes are painted fresh.



1 comment:

  1. LOL! It hasn't been that long ago for me so I totally know where you're at... although I did not have such significant iron issues. Man, I know that is messing with your energy in a BIG way! So sorry!
    Hey, we are out-growing some baby items... bath tub, foam bath "mat", bouncy seat, etc. Email me if you need some stuff and I'll see if I still have it...

    ReplyDelete