Monday, September 12, 2011

. oh glorious day .

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my beloved one bringing
My Savior Jesus is mine

Living He loved me,
Dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day

Our church service yesterday was a very emotional one.  Not only have we had several losses in our community this past week, but it was also 9/11.  I think I cried through the whole thing.  I can't help but think that our Lord is coming back soon.  There's so much turmoil.  So much sadness.  So much disaster.  I simply can't seem to wrap my mind around it all, so I'm trying my hardest just to turn to Him because I know that's where my future lies.

Tears were streaming as we sang songs such as "Oh Glorious Day" and "Because He Lives".  More tears as the flag was carried through the sanctuary.  More tears as I thought of a sweet friend who just lost her sweet mother.  It's just a sad time right now and I only pray that things either get better, or that Jesus returns soon.  And I still have so many things to be happy about and thankful for.  Being sad is not fun.
So I'm in constant prayer every day for loved ones and friends.  For strangers who have lost homes in the fires.  For our nation.  Goodness does our nation need prayers.  Please pray with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment