Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sippy Cup Training


We're working on it!  He's got the stuffing his face down PAT.  He had a nice little goldfish snack (the boy can EAT!), then wanted to wash it down with water.  I can't remember how/when we started sippy cups with the girls.  He's had one for a few months now, but is pretty lazy when it comes to actually holding it himself.  He'd rather me hold it while he bites down to get the water to drizzle out into his mouth.  I'm determined to have him using it himself now.  Usually when I give it to him, he throws it.  Thanks boy.  He throws everything.  Then I pick it back up & hold it up to his mouth so he can get a drink.  LAZY I tell ya!  So I decided to give him some salty goldfish and sit the cup down in front of him.  First attempt ...


FAIL.  Big. Fat. FAIL.  Come on, dude!  I had to take it from him and sit it down again.  Second attempt ...


That's more like it.  Now to see if he can actually tip the cup up to make the water come out.  This particular sippy cup is his favorite and all he has to do is bite down on the valve part and the water trickles out. 


MONEY.  He got it so quickly.  He only did it once, but it's progress folks.  Progress.  You can imagine how far he tossed it when he was done, but I was so proud that he figured it out.  Then it was back to business.  This guy crawls so fast!!!  And you can see the drool just streaming out of his mouth.  I keep thinking of a slug every time I see his little trail of slim behind him.


No comments:

Post a Comment