Saturday, June 7, 2014
Scripture Reading
Here's some honesty for you. We haven't been to church in months. We're in search of a new church home and simply feel lost in a town full of churches. I know that it starts with a small step. We just have to decide which church we want to visit first. I'm not going to go into all the details about why we feel lead to find a new church home. And I feel ashamed that we've put ourselves into this comfort zone of not going anywhere to worship in months.
I'm so thankful for a God who draws me back to where I need to be though. He's put it on my heart greatly the last few weeks that I need to refocus. I need to redirect my thoughts and my life. I spend so much time on social media because my full-time job (other than taking care of my children) is network marketing. But I spend all of my time with those 2 jobs and not enough time in His word. And He's calling me back to Him so strongly.
BUT - I didn't know where to start. Getting back into the Word is like riding a bike. You just have to do it. And then you remember why you loved it before. I found a calendar from a Christian magazine that gives me a scripture a day to read. The one on the day I started was Deuteronomy 31:6 and I think it's fitting for our struggles right now. Not only have we lost a church family, we've lost FAMILY. We've lost two parents in a matter of seven months, but God is calling me close to Him and telling me not to get so discouraged.
I've started a prayer journal along with scripture reading and I'm loving it. I miss writing with a pen and paper. I miss jotting down my feelings, but I also want to share it with you when I feel lead to do so. Yesterday, my prayer was this ...
Dear God, Thank you. Time and time again you show me that you've got this. I need to put my full trust in You and be strong in You. Although I drift, you remain steadfast and constant. I cannot do this life without you and ask for you to help me stay focused on Your face and to be strong and courageous no matter what. Thank you for guiding me. For loving me.
Some other things I'm praying for -
-for Him to lead us to a new church home
-for guidance in creating a Christ-like home full of prayer, forgiveness, and love
-for Miranda Nichols : a sweet girl who is very sick
-for patience, time, health, smart decisions, and healing
What are you praying for today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment