**UPDATE: my doctor's appointment went ... not so well. my sugar was up to 199. evidently it's supposed to be around 140. i'm also measuring 34 weeks instead of the 29 that i am. that's a whole month ahead of schedule. WHAT?!?! i have to really, really, really watch my sugar intake and exercise every day. i go back next wednesday for the three hour test and to re-evaluate things. pray for baby and that she stays put for several more weeks and that i can gain control of my sugar levels. guess i'll have to bypass that cupcake afterall.
watching it go right into my mouth, that is.
i'm 28 weeks now and with that appointment is the dreaded glucose test. i failed the first one with karsyn and had to take the looooooong three hour test. luckily i passed that one, but to prepare this time, my doctor told me to start watching my sugars. actually, his exact words were "cut the sugars out completely in order to prevent failing the first test".
so tell me, how do i CUT the sugars if i CRAVE the sugars? i haven't done well watching my sugars to prepare for my appointment tomorrow morning. yes ... TOMORROW! these past few days i've been more careful, but let me tell you, i so want to eat this right now ...
When I was first married, I was having a lot of trouble with dizziness and feeling faint. It was all related to my sugar - had to do the long test and it was horrible. I ended up getting off sugar for a time. It was hard for the first week or so but then I kind of lost the taste for sweets - fruit tasted better than it ever had. You can do it!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck w/ that. I had to take the long test too...totally stinks. I hope you pass the first one. Love ya
ReplyDeleteI have a theory with those blood sugar tests and cutting sugar.....well, if you are interested I will fill you in later. Let us know how you do!
ReplyDeleteHey Erin,
ReplyDeleteI can't find your email address so I'm using this route. Does Karsyn have a Fisher Price Doll house? We are getting rid of Kenzie's and I thought Karsyn might like it. I need to clean it, but otherwise it's in good condition. Kenzie spent hours playing with these dolls and I thought your girls might enjoy it as well. Just let me know.
Have a great day!