Wednesday, February 25, 2009

. in a mommy rut .

does that even make sense?  do you ever feel like you're in a mommy rut too?  or is it just me?  well, i have been lately.  so far down i don't know how to climb back out.  other than switching medicines, i feel lost. 
the mommy rut that i'm in right now consists of simply feeling lost.  i know that i'm just 6 weeks into having two babies right now, but this is the life i chose for myself.  this is the life i feel that God chose for our family.  why is it so hard?  no one said it would be easy and i don't expect it to be.  i guess at 6 weeks in, i thought i could be super mom and have it all figured out.
i feel like my family is just living day to day with no purpose.  we eat, sleep sometimes, play, and repeat the cycle day in and day out.  our biggest problem i KNOW is that, since becoming pregnant and not feeling well ever, we stopped going to church as much.  that hits a family hard.  especially when that is what you have relied upon for so long.  so the first thing i can do to get out of this rut is to deepen my relationship with God.  where do i begin?
so, mommies.  ever been where i am?  lost.  feeling alone.  how did you dig your way back out? 
and how can i feel this way when i get to look at these cute faces every day?
220 colors

6 comments:

  1. Erin are you getting out with Mykah yet? Our Sunday School class does play dates on Thursday's at 10am. I can send you the emails and you are more than welcome to join us. I would also suggest going to Inneract. I love the bible studies, but also the fellowship with the women and the insite from them. If none of that sounds interesting, I would love to get together with you and get to know you better. I am open to meeting with you once a week if that is something of interest to you. Sometimes when you are in a mom rut you need some adult converstaions. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am willing to watch those precious girls if you just want to go out and get a pedicure, Just let me know how I can help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, here's my advice...for what it's worth... Going to church as regularly as possible will definitely help. When I got in the mom rut, I had to make myself get out more. Go to Bible Studies, play dates, etc. It's so easy to feel like life has no purpose when all you do is take care of little ones, and that is SUCH a high calling! It's hard to feed, bathe, change diapers and give all day. Find a place where you can be filled up! By the time I had Kenzie, I did begin to feel my mind was mush! But, I just tried to go to more things where I could have some adult conversation and know that you are not alone. You need lots of emotional support! (I still need it!) It's so helpful to just to know that other moms are going through exactly what you are going through. Make yourself. It'll be worth it! Trust me, I've been there! Call me if I can help in anyway. I've got an almost 11 year old that would LOVE to play with your girls sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Erin...we've all been there! Particularly where you are...with very young ones!! I think for me it got better as they got older...more independent, etc.
    I agree with all that was said above. Sounds like a great offer on a playgroup from Amanda...I wanna come! :o)
    Time to yourself when you can.
    I know our kids are miles apart but, we're lonely during ball too and would love to get together!
    Inneract is a great idea!
    Also, staying home was very hard for me. I needed some little something which is why I have always worked MDO or weekday. Thought about going back??
    Hang in there!! And definately get back to church and fill that tank!!!
    Hugs to you!
    OH, and come to my blog and enter my giveaway! That's what you need, to win something! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you get out of your mommy rut by coming and seeing me this weekend. i really think it would help and i really think you need it. let me know. i love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mantra is fake it til you feel it. sometimes i feel like my prayers are hitting a wall, or i am just going thru the motions of a devotional time. STILL GO THRU THOSE MOTIONS. Our Lord will be faithful to your efforts and while sometimes you will feel lost and parched, you will again be filled. It took me long than 6 weeks. I will be the 7th to say Inneract saved my sanity!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As they grow, you will lose that "rut." I miss that "rut" sometimes. My life seems so busy some weeks that I think back to those long preschool days of staying at home, sleeping, eating, playing, sleeping eating, playing...I miss it. So, try your hardest to enjoy these days. They pass very quickly!
    (I agree with enjoying playdates, lunches out and inneract- SO fun!)

    ReplyDelete