You know the story. Life gets busy. The blog is left to suffer. Our life was turned upside down in August when we learned that my sweet mother-in-law would not make it through her 2 months of sickness. Her body wasn't well and a mere 2 1/2 days later, she went to be with Jesus. It was one of those completely unexpected, sudden deaths that we certainly weren't prepared for. David lost his mom. I lost my mother-in-law, but also my friend. My kids lost their MiMi, who they truly adored. She was part of our daily life. And now she's gone. Our hearts ache. But the thought of her rejoicing and her body being completely healed is comforting.
We're trying to pick back up and get our lives moving again. I answer the weekly "I miss MiMi" pleas that my daughters cry out. We try to comfort them and explain it to them as best as we can, but that hole we have will be there for quite a while, possibly always.
Now we're at it again though. David's dad is nearing the end of his journey with us as well. He's been in the hospital setting for 2 years now and, as the doctor said, he is "failing to thrive". Our hearts are aching even more now, since not having even started to recover from losing his mom.
Thankfully, we know where our hope lies. God does promise us life, but he also promises death. And to that we cling to.
This blog is about to get a whole new mission. I am going to try to focus it on changing lives. If I've learned anything through losing 2 parents in a matter of months, it's that people make a difference. People loved my mother-in-law. We had support and continue to have support from so many people who cared for her. My father-in-law is the same way. I want it to be the same when it's my time to go. I want people to remember me for the impact I had on them. So, the blog will be about my family; about our daily life; about our journey; about the things we do; trips we take; milestones we reach; school activities, holidays; etc. But it will also be about our journey to becoming the healthiest family we can be. We haven't done the best job so far, but AdvoCare has changed our life. I want to share that journey with you, so that hopefully I can impact your life as well. My in-laws were not healthy people. I want more than anything for my husband to live through his 60's. Not in a hospital. Not on tons of medication. I don't want our children to have to go through what we have the past few years. My mother-in-law was 62. My father-in-law is currently 69. I want to live way beyond those years, but do so with the impact that they had on everyone they knew. My mother-in-law was the sweetest, most caring person. She never met a stranger and she kept us laughing. My father-in-law was a giver. He wanted to help people and he was just a good man.
So, jump on. This blog is hopefully going to take you places you never imagined. If I can help or inspire one person, I've done what I came to do.
I'm glad you're back...I missed you!
ReplyDelete