Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Journey

I wanted to jump right out there and share with you where I've been, as well as where I am now.  It's been a journey for sure.  Most of you probably already know where I've been, but here's a picture to show you from September 2012 to about March 2013.



I went from baby in belly, to dropping 50 lbs in a matter of months.  I was going strong.  I was motivated.  AdvoCare had helped me and I was so proud of my accomplishments.  My lowest weight at that point was 188 lbs.  Yep.  I was 238 lbs when I delivered Jaxton.  I knew I weighed a lot, but had no clue I was to the point where I needed to lose 50 lbs.  And more.  Yep, I need to lose 50 more pounds to be where I need to be.  How in the world had I let myself get to where I NEEDED to down 100 pounds? 

Summer came.  My mother-in-law was sick and in a hospital 3 hours away, which took my husband away most days.  I was also taking 2 online classes for my nursing degree, plus doing all of my duties at home and raising 3 kids.  To say I was stressed would be the understatement of the year.  I gained 15 pounds back by the end of August and was back up to 203.  I hovered back and forth at that weight for another month. 

Here's the trend I had set for myself.  I do good all week long.  I'd lose 3-4 pounds, then overeat on weekends, putting me back up to where I was.  It was a vicious cycle that I still struggle with.  Now, my father-in-law is in hospice care and I refuse to let stress eating get me again. 

Here are my stats as of today ....

SW (starting weight) - 238 lbs
LW (lowest weight) - 188 lbs
GW (goal weight) - 145-150 lbs
CW (current weight) - 194.5 lbs

 There it is, for all the world to see.  Mentally, I'm there.  I'm on track.  I'm eating healthy, taking my AdvoCare supplements, drinking my water, and I'm focused.

How do you combat stress eating?  Share some of your tips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment