Thursday, November 7, 2013

Is that fall I feel?


It was a brisk 45 degrees outside this morning when we took kid1 to school.  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this time of year, and I certainly hope the weather stays cool.  With our luck, it'll be 90 next week.  Oh, Texas, why do you do this to me?

In other news ... the Hills had pizza for dinner last night.  Yes, that's important.  I ran into a friend at the grocery store (that was my "me time" for the week.  late night grocery shopping.  i'm glamorous like that!) and she was asking me what we eat, knowing that we were filling our bodies with healthier foods.  I would love to claim that we eat clean 100% of our week, but that's not reality.  Last night, Little Ceasars filled our bellies.  And we enjoyed every bite.  The true reality is, we are eating healthier.  I'd say 80-90% of the week we eat pretty darn healthy.

And by healthy, I mean grilled chicken, fruits, veggies, & brown rice.  We don't get complicated.  We don't get organic and paleo-ish.  We're not there yet.  I try to do my best to watch our sugar intake and make sure we're getting our grains.  But the truth is, we're human.  We don't deprive so that we don't over-indulge later.  It was just a pizza kind of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment