Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This Boy


There were so many words I could put on this print, but he leaves me speechless at the same time.  At this very moment, he's sitting under my desk trying to pull the plugs.  He was already successful at that earlier and got in trouble.  Yes, even someone this cute has to get in trouble.  He has also left his mark on every other room in the house this morning; from pulling pans out of kitchen cabinets, to hair spray bottles out of my bathroom, to barbies out of the sisters room.  He.is.EVERYWHERE.  Until today, I had forgotten what it was like to have a toddler.  He's still been a baby.  He's now waddling from place to play, but prefers crawling.  He can get there faster.  And he wants to get there before I see him and tell him "no".  I had to remind myself also that I have not yet gone through the toddler stage with a boy.  So far, it's been MUCH different.  Apples and oranges for sure.


In between all the boy-ness though, he crawls over to me and snuggles, just after he wipes his snotty nose on my shirt.  So although he is everywhere and into everything all day long, those snuggles quickly remind me that he's still my sweet sweet baby boy. 


He'll soon be 14 months.  Next week, actually.  He's become this toddler overnight it seems.  So I'm pulling out my patient card and my time card and trying to slow things down a bit.  He's my last.  He won't always be little.  And that pulls at my heart.  So I'm enjoying every single second I can.


Now, to go grab more of those snuggles ...

No comments:

Post a Comment