Saturday, September 13, 2014

I knew it would be bad.

I'm the type of person that makes a decision, then wants it done right then and there.  My husband LOVES it.  So, I decided this afternoon that Jaxton needed a haircut.  It's something I've known for a while, but dreaded because I knew he'd hate it.  This is the kid who, when we drop him off in the nursery at church, hides himself in the playhouse that's in the room and slams the door on any other poor little toddler that comes along his way.  Or shouts "no!" to the teacher when she offers him a snack.  That's what we're dealing with here.

So to have him sit in a chair while some stranger messes with his hair?  Wasn't gonna happen.  But it was time.  The style he had was definitely a party in the front and business in the back.  All of my children have slow growing hair and it always grows on top before anything else.  I was out of ways to make it look good, so we had to go. 
Several friends gave really good suggestions on places to take him and we ended up going with a place in Bryan that had a kids car that he could sit in while they cut his hair.  Although so very cute and any normal kid would love it, the love from him lasted all of 2.3 seconds until he realized he wasn't there to play.  When she buttoned the cape on him, it was over.  I had to hold him and hold his head still while he screamed.  Thankfully, he didn't have much to cut and in 5 minutes we were done.  A quick little spiked mohawk, eight bones, and we were out the door - with an unhappy, but very cute and stylish, little boy. 

He stared down the stylist, so I'm pretty sure he'll remember quickly who she is next time we go.



No comments:

Post a Comment